Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Designer changes won't update the winform designer code file
posted

- NetAdvantage 2014.2 (also happened in 2013.1 before upgrading)

- .Net 4.5

- Visual Studio Professional 2013

I'm trying to design a grid in a standard WinForms application. I was able to set the look of it and add the initial set of columns just fine, but after a while it started misbehaving. The changes I made in the designer (most notably columns and summaries) were frequently not being saved to the form's designer file (MainForm.Designer.vb), which led to the designer reloading the old settings once I built the application.

This doesn't happen with the standard .Net controls added to the form, and the ultrawingrid is the only Infragistics control I use in this project.

For a little while it seemed like I could get around it by clearing the contents of licenses.licx, but that has also stopped working now. I can now successfully get it to update the designer file once every 10-20 attempts, which gets really annoying really quickly.

Any suggestions about why this is happening? This project is pretty much dead until I can finish designing this grid, so I hope there's a solution. Thanks!