Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDocumentExporter does not exports chinese characters
posted

Dim gridHdrFontStyle As New Report.Text.Style(New Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Graphics.Font("Arial Unicode MS", 9, Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Graphics.FontStyle.Bold), Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Graphics.Brushes.White)
gridHdrFontStyle.Font.Name = "Arial Unicode MS"

The code displays all the chinese characters well in localhost, when I try to test in the server, it does not display so. How come this is possible?

Offline posted

Hello Ruban,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics!

I have some questions concerning this matter. Have you checked to make sure you have the font installed on the server and the machine you are running from? What culture/language settings do you have set for the browser/machine for both the server and machine you are testing on? What are the differences between the localhost machine and the server and possible other machine? Have you tested this on any other machines?

Offline posted

Hello Ruban,

As Mike suggests, please confirm that you have the Arial Unicode MS font installed on your server.

When you export, are you getting blocks instead of Chinese characters?  I mean, does each character look like [] in the PDF?  If so, I would recommend the following code instead.

Me.WebDocumentExporter1.CustomFont = New System.Drawing.Font("Arial Unicode MS", 9)

Elizabeth Albert
    Localization Engineer