Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Skip next cell in row based on entered value.
posted

Hi,

I am having trouble finding the correct events for the following scenario (simplified :))

I have a grid, 4 columns, labeled A, B, C, D.  All cells are editable, plain text editors.

On the Add Row,

If the user enters "Mark" in column A, I want to make column B read only and skip to column C.  ( I will fill in column B with the correct, uneditable value).

If the user enters "Mike" in column A, I want to allow the user to enter a value in column B.

I have tried to accomplish this using Tabstops, BeforeCellUpdate, AfterCellUpdate, BeforeCellActivation and BeforePerformAction.

I am using version 13.2.

All help appreciated!

Thanks!

Mark

Parents
    posted

Hello Mark,

You could manage activation mode on the ell level via Activation property, so I suggest you to use CellChange event where based on the entered value in cell of column A to allow/ disallow editing of cell of column B. I’ve implemented this suggestion in small sample.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

135759.zip
Reply Children