Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
System.NullReferenceException in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabbedMdi.MdiTabGroup.DirtyTabItem
posted

With UltraWinTabbedMdi 12.1.20121.2135, I'm getting a hard-to-reproduce NullReferenceException when changing an MDI tab's title by setting Form.Text. The stack trace starts off like this:

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabbedMdi.MdiTabGroup.DirtyTabItem(MdiTab tab, Boolean invalidate, Boolean textChanged, Boolean imageChanged)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabbedMdi.MdiTab.OnMdiChildTextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)

I'm guessing that I may be disposing something prematurely, since I've made changes to that regard recently. However, I haven't been able to track it down. In addition, neither MdiTab.OnMdiChildTextChanged nor MdiTabGroup.DirtyTabItem seem to appear in the documentation.

The new value for Form.Text is not null, and the tab is supposed to be visible.

Parents
    posted

Hello,

Have you tried this with the latest service release of Infragistics 12.1. I’ve checked the source code of  UltraTabbedMdiManger  and I did not found anything suspicious in OnMdiChildTextChanged and DirtyTabItem methods, the only possible issue that might occur there with NullRefferenceExeption is if the form for that MdiTab was disposed during the changing of the text. If you are able to isolate this in a simple sample, I’ll be glad to investigate this further for you.

I am waiting for your feedback.

Reply Children