Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Small geographic imagery
posted

I have custom imagery data being hosted on a local mapserver that covers a very small geographic region. I am using a custom MapTileSource to render the map and I am getting behavior that I don't understand due to my misunderstanding of a few items.

Under what circumstances should I be changing the values for WorldRect?  Obviously my extent/bounds is not the entire world. 

The "minimap" shows an image of the whole world, is there a way to make it zoom in so that my view box isn't so tiny?

The call to the MapTileSource constructor for the MapQuest example has 134217728? Where does this value come from, should I be changing it for my small geographic region?

How can I have it zoom in by default on my specific region and does this affect the URLs I generate in GetTileLayers?  For example, I haven't a clue which Z,X,Y coordinates are needed to view my region from a world perspective.

Thanks,

Kris

Parents Reply Children