Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Chart tooltip position
posted

Hi,
I am using igDataChart inside a igDialog window that opens external page, so essentially the chart is inside an iframe window.
My problem is with the tooltip position when hovering on the columns that are close to the right edge of the dialog.
The tooltip always opens to the right so the tooltip for the right columns is being cut and is unreadable to the user.

attached are two printscreens of the chart that shows the problem.
printScreen1.png - is the tooltip as it should be
printScreen2.png - is the tooltip being cut

Is there anyway to control the tooltip position - this is item tooltip for the chart

Thanks for your help 

pics.zip
Parents
    posted

Hello Amos_silberman,

I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing.  I created an igDataChart within an igDialog, however, the tooltip continued to display outside of the bounds of the dialog window.  You can see this behavior in the screenshot which I have attached to this message.

I have attached the sample project I used to test this.  Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using.  My test was performed using the latest version of IgniteUI 2014.1.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

igDialog_DataChart.zip
Reply Children
No Data