Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to playback recorded actions
posted

Hi,

I have TA 13.1 CLR4.0, same version as the AUT. Am able to record the desired actions properly, but when i playback/run those recorded steps, i get a Run Error saying "IG : Option [] is not one of the valid options."

An example of the record step is

SwfWindow("ABC").SwfObject("XYZ").PerformToolAction tbmgrToolbar, tbmgrDropDown, "utbMain", "Configuration"

This step was able to open the Configuration dropdown until sometime. But now i get that Run Error. I wonder what might be causing this. Please suggest.

Thanks!

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support.

Can you please try putting quotes around tbmgrToolbar and tbmgrDropDown? If that fixes the issue it would mean that the installation of TA is slightly flawed. This behavior typically comes up on one of two occasions, a partial manual install where the step to add the registry entry was not done, or during a install scenario where QTP and TestAdvantage were installed back to back without running QTP at least once, before installing TestAdvantage.

For an in-depth explanation of this issue please follow this link:

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/58349.aspx#307384

In order to fix this please follow these steps:

If using HP QuickTest Professional 9.x, perform the following additional steps:

1. Using regedit.exe, create a new registry string value under

HP QuickTest Professional 9.2 and earlier:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\StepInformationManager\TypeInformation

HP QuickTest Professional 9.5 and later:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HP\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\StepInformationManager\TypeInformation

2. Name the new value "C:\Program Files\Infragistics\TestAdvantage for Windows Forms (HP) 2013.1\TypeInformation\"

Please note that even with newer version of QTP/UFT, the registry key you are looking for might be still under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Reply Children
No Data