Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
how to insert a button into a column in MVC Razor
posted

I have a following Razor code and would like to add button as the 3rd column.

Clicking the button would need to call Controller/Action method.

How to achieve this?

Thanks

Hwan

@(
 Html.Infragistics().Grid(Model)
        .ID("grid1")
        .Columns(column =>
                {
                    column.For(upgrade => upgrade.FirstName).HeaderText("First Name").Width("100px");
                    column.For(upgrade => upgrade.LastName).HeaderText("Last Name").Width("100px");
                })
        .Features(features =>
            {
                features.Selection().Mode(SelectionMode.Cell).MultipleSelection(true);
            })
        .Height("500px")
        .DataSourceUrl(Url.Action("GetData")).DataBind().Render()
)

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Hwan,

Thank you for posting in our community.

Inserting a button in igGrid column could be achieved by using Column Templates. I believe you will consider the following article from our documentation, explaining how a basic column template could be created, useful:

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/Doc/jQuery/2012.1/CLR4.0/html/Creating%20a%20Basic%20Column%20Template%20in%20the%20igGrid.html

Additionally, a working sample that shows how to insert a button into column using igGrid column template functionality. In the most right column in the grid there is button for each row. Pressing a button delete its containing row.

http://www.igniteui.com/grid/column-template

The same could be achieved in MVC project using .Template property when defining the columns of the grid.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this matter.

Children