Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
FixedRows Collection Not Clearing Automatically
posted

Finally chased this one down but it appears that in the 14.1.20141.2059 release (and previously to this as I have been hitting this for some time now but not been able to research further) that the FixedRows Collection isn't properly being cleared behind the seen and after applying a new DataSource it throws an internal index error when it attempts to fix a row that no longer exists. Previously (I have no clue when the UltraGrid stopped doing this) when you reset the Datasource the Grid cleared the Fixed Collection and you didn't have to worry about it...this is no longer the case. If I programmatically clear the Fixed Rows Collection as expected I get no error.

-Ian

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Actually I am not sure if the error is coming from the fact that the row no longer exists or currently exits and the "re-fixing" of it is having trouble. In any case the following worked on my end of things:

//Always Clear Fixed Rows To Avoid Error
    myGrid.Rows.FixedRows.Clear();

//Set New Datasource
    myGrid.DataSource = _dtJobData;

//Process Flagged Records
    FlagRecords();

The FlagRecords routine in my code processes records that have been assigned to specific users and "flags" aka "fixes" them to the top of the grid automatically. I am going to venture that this has been an issue for roughly two or so years now but I haven't been able to research in depth to figure out where it was happening so I handled things differently. If you need me to build a sample application w/ data to prove this I would be more than happy to do this as this has helped before to show "unique" issues like this. 

Reply Children
No Data