Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
selected values from filters
posted

when you have a pivot grid bound to a FlatDataSource and you have one or more 'filters' tied to the datasource... 

is it possible to retrieve the selected values of the filters dropdown when they are selected?

is it possible to retrieve what values are selected when you handle the CellDoubleClicked event?

thanks

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

When handling the CellDoubleClicked event, you can find which values are in the selected cell by calling e.Cell.Control.Content. Just as a warning, you will want to check whether or not e.Cell.Control.Content is null before doing this to avoid an exception.

For the filter bit, I am somewhat unsure of what you are asking, but if you are referring to the filter that is on the left side of the labels that go into the column and row area, then I would recommend implementing and merging the default styles for the XamPivotGrid. A common place to find these default styles is the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\2014.1\Silverlight\DefaultStyles\XamPivotGrid

After merging the file named generic.xaml and adding the generic_shared.xaml file as well, scroll down to the near-bottom of the generic_shared default style and find a Style targeting igPivotPrim:FilterFieldItemControl BasedOn {StaticResource ExpandableFieldItemControlKey}. In this style there is a XamDataTree named FilterTree.

If you move this style into your project, you can handle the NodeCheckedChanged event of that FilterTree and using e.Node.Control.Content in the handler, you can retrieve the selected filters as they are selected.

I have attached a sample application demonstrating the above.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Developer Support Engineer I
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

XamPivotGridRetrieveFilterSLCase.zip
Reply Children
No Data