Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TickmarkInterval not being recognized
posted

I have a composite line chart.  I have several y axes set upon one x axis.  The x axis is a data type of datetime.  In initially set the TickmarkStyle to DataInterval and the Interval to 1.  This is ok and works.  When I add more records to the dataset the x axis labels get to overlap so I try and set the Interval to a higher number or the TickmarkStyle to Smart, but the chart still renders the same.  Can you give me the correct axis property settings to be able to change my interval and space out the tick mark as needed. Evidently I may not be setting one correctly that has a dependency on another. 

Also I have tried to change the TickmarkIntervalType from Hours to Minutes and other settings but the chart always renders in hours. What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Support.

When you are using composite chart to set the TickmarkInterval and TickmarkIntervalType properties you need to reach the X axis trough your composite chart ChartLayer. You can use code like this:

this.ultraChart1.CompositeChart.ChartLayers[0].AxisX.TickmarkInterval = 10;

this.ultraChart1.CompositeChart.ChartLayers[0].AxisX. TickmarkIntervalType = AxisIntervalType.Minutes;

Please find attached a sample solution implementing this approach.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for or if I am missing something.

CAS-145787-T7K8V4.zip
Children