Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics components in the GAC
posted

Hi,

I've been browsing the forums but can't quite find what I'm looking for (or end up clicking on a promising link that ends up on a 404 Not Found page).

What we'd like to do is install the Infragistics DLLs in the GAC on the disk image of virtual machines used in our regional offices.  Currently, the Infragistics DLLs are installed when users run a ClickOnce application that uses Infragistics components, but since this is wiped out every time the users log off (don't ask...;)), the entire ClickOnce package, including the Infragistics DLLs, has to be downloaded from the network every time.  Apparently this takes several minutes (up to 20 - there are a couple of other applications doing something similar).  So they've asked me to look into the possibility of having the DLLs on the disk image (which doesn't get wiped out).  My understanding is that if the ClickOnce package sees that Infragistics is already in the GAC, it won't download them (is that correct?)

Soooo.... The question is: How do I install the DLLs to the GAC when preparing the disk image.  Is it just a matter of running the Infragistics installer, or is it something that must be done manually and if so, how?

Thanks,

Michel

Parents
No Data
Reply Children