Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinGrid disable column edit but enable the same for new row template
posted

Hi Team,

We are using Infragistics Win Forms version 13.2.20132.1000.

We are using UltraWinGrid containing 2 columns say Department ID and Department Name

The criteria is to disable the Department ID column but enable the same on new row template.

i.e. A new department id can be added but an existing department should not be allowed to update.

Please help in this regard.

Thanks,

Sudheendra

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Sudheendra,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

What you could do in your case is to set the column’s Activation property to NoEdit. Then you will need to handle the InitializeTemplateAddRow event and in it set the Activation of the cell from the non-editable column to AllowEdit. Also you will need to set the cell’s IgnoreRowColActivation property to true. This will make the all the cells that were already present non-editable and the cells that come from the TemplateAddRow editable. Then you will only need to set the IgnoreRowColActivation of the cell back to false once the data has been entered, for example in the AfterExitEditMode event.

I have attached a sample that demonstrates this suggestion.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

WG_IgnoreColRowActivation.zip
Children