Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid RowAdding
posted

Hello,

I'm using Version=14.1.20141.2283 and I'm new to Infragistic

My aim is to construct a editable grid, where the editing and validations are done in client side until user clicked a save button to trigger a post back event back to sever. The datasource stored on Session could be updated directly after post back. However, I got some problems.

1: The asp:RequiredFieldValidator seems not working when I pressed "Enter" in other row adding field.
For example, in the attached page, If I input "Name" field and then press Enter in the rowAdding row, the row can be successfully added to the grid, bypassing the validator.

2: I set the validator of all the columns to a RequiredFieldValidator. I found that only the "Region" field in the attached page is enforced to be filled up. "ID", "Name", "Birthday" could still be empty. Can RequiredFieldValidator works with multi-columns / other EditorProvider? eg. DataPicker, Numeric

3: I tried to make use of ExitingEditMode of RowAdding Behavior to do validation in client-side, but the value of "eventArgs.getCell().get_value()" are not the value of the current editing cell. (its the previous one). For example, I selected "UK" in "Region" DropDown and exit edit mode, the value I get in console is null. Then, I selected "Hong Kong". The value logged in console is "UK", but not "Hong Kong". One of the validations is to check uniqueness of a column. 

4: The grid I'm migrating from UltraWebGrid to WebDataGrid consists of a pair of columns which shares the same DataKeyField. In the attached page, its the RegionName and the RegionId. Is it possible to fill up RegionId field automatically when I selected a Region in the drop down provider? I tired to use the ExitingEditMode client event to do so, but I failed as the problem mentioned in (3).

5: Is it possible to validate the entire row and ensure all the required fields are input correctly/ filled up before adding a row to the grid without posting back? 

6: mm.. this is totally unrelated problem to row adding of web data grid.. its  about implementing sorting and paging behavior on a 4-level WebHierarchicalDataGrid, please check my latest reply of this post posted by my colleague : http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/92568.aspx?PageIndex=2
The large amount of data bounded with the hierarchical grid causes the grid responses very slow.
Also, we got Async Error when sorting child brand(level 2-4)
The paging is not working as well (loading icon is shown but the page is not switched after loading)

There are lots of questions... Thanks!! 

WebDataGrid_BatchUpdate.zip