Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tab behavior when adding row
posted

My user clicks into the "add" row at the bottom of the grid and keys the information in.  Then, on the last cell they hit the tab button.  The grid control adds a new row which fails validation because required fields are empty.  They then have to highlight the extra row and delete it before they can continue.

I was hoping there would be some property that governs this behavior.  I've used the TabNavigation property but since the user never technically gets to the "last" cell in the grid (since there is always a new template row) it doesn't work.  Is there a clean way to deal with this?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Support.

You may stop user from exit a cell with incorrect value by handling BeforeCellDeactivate event. In this event you can check the cell value and cancel the event if the value is not correct.

Please check attached sample solution and let me know if this is what you are looking for or if I am missing something.

CAS-148852-X9L3F2.zip
Children
No Data