Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Persist Control Settings For Users Via IsolatedStorageFile vs Properties.Settings
posted

Hi,

I need to implement a general mechanism to persist column selections, sorted columns etc. of XamDataGrid, placements of DockManager's panels etc. The application is based on .Net Framework 4.0 and using Microsoft PRISM framework for plug-ins. The GUI is based on Infragistics WPF controls. During web search, I found at least two suitable options. The first one is to store the MemoryStream of PersistentManager to an IsolatedStorageFile. The second option is to create a property under userSettings for every control and store the XML of PersistentManager into it as string. The second option gives me additional control when upgrading the application to a newer version and works for other user properties as well. While I saw the first option described well in your forums and blog posts for persistence.

I would appreciate if you can share your thoughts which one of two options seems good.

Best,

Allana

Parents Reply Children