Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multi-column picklist export to Excel
posted

I create a workbook file via Infragistics.Documents.Excel.

I export an UltraWinGrid to a sheet in workbook via UltraGridExcelExporter.  This works, however I have a multi-column picklist in the grid that I want to maintain.  So after getting the sheet, I can edit the sheet - I think the export won't do the multi-column picklist.

I know there is some validation features in Excel to do this but I was hoping we can optimize or have an example of doing this already.

So, I have two columns A and B for instance

Column A = Well Pad

Column B = Unit

So for instance, Well Pads are 61, 62, 63, 64

Well Pad 61 has Units 1, 2, 3

Well Pad 62 has Units 4, 5, 6

Well Pad 63 has Units 1, 4, 7

Well Pad 64 has Units 5, 6

Therefore, the UltraWinGrid has a picklist on the Well Pad that is a multi-column ValueList with Well Pad, Well Pad Unit, and Description.

When a value is chosen from the picklist, it fills in the Well Pad + the Unit.  So for this example, the picklist would have 11 entries (61 1 desc1, 61 2 desc2, 61 3 desc 3, 62 1 desc 4, ....) and after picklist selection, the 2 fields (Well Pad + Unit will be filled in).  I can live without the descriptions and just have a way of selecting always a valid Well Pad + Unit combination on the grid.  I think it is doable by creating a picklist sheet and adding validation but it seems a little convoluted (if that is how we have to do this, hopefully you have a simple example I can follow - aka a prototype).

Is there an example of doing this in Infragistics probably via the Infragistics.Documents.Excel library of functions?  Alternatively a step by step way of doing this.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

Exporting dropdown lists to excel was introduced in version 2013 Volume 1 for Windows Forms. With the ExportValueList property set to true for your UltraWinGridExcelExporter any column that contains a value list can be exported to Excel.

For more details with an included sample, please visit Export DropDown lists to Excel.

Let me know if you have any quesitons regarding this matter.

Children