Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WHDG in IE11 compatibility view delete button
posted

I have a WHDG that does work properly, except to update cell on the enter key instead a row selection change, but that is another post.  I have enabled the delete row and the outline of the delete button will display on hover without the image when not in compatibility view.  Well that is fine, I just have to make everyone set the compatibility view.  I guess.  But when in compatibility view, when the delete buttons shows fine with the hover a date picker editor that I have on the grid doesn't open properly when the cell is active.  I set the width and everything but the text box part of the datepickereditor is simply at a 2px width no matter what I do.(When in compatibility view) If I take the site out of compatibility view the datepickereditor works fine but the delete button hover only shows the outline. Of course, I need both controls to display properly in IE11 regardless of the compatibility view settings.  How do I do that?  I am using Version 14.1.20141.1015, IIS is the Visual Studio 2012 right now, IE11.  I have tried the Edge settings and the other version setting with F12 but still the same problem.  When one control works the other does not.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Nbizub,

The X delete button is achieved by using pseudo elements, which are supported by IE8+. I believe that when in Compatibility mode IE ignore this elements and you only see the outline of the button. A much simpler solution would be just to add a different background image on this element that looks like X. You can open ig_dataGrid.css file and find the .igg_RowDeletingButton class. You can add a background-image property and you are all set up.

Please let me know if you need any assistance on how to implement this.

Reply Children
No Data