Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Rootcanvas is always null
posted

I am using XamDataChart 12.2 Hotfix version and wanted to add a bit of padding to the series so that the first and last points are not on the axis itself. So i used snoop and found that I have a Rootcanvas under Series that i can set a margin on to achieve what i want to. But when i try to get the root canvas it always comes as null. I am using the following code:

Canvas canvas =  null;

DependencyObject chartAreaPanel = (((((Utilities.GetDescendantFromType(sender as XamDataChart, typeof(Grid), true) as Grid).Children[0] as Border).Child as Grid).Children[0] as ContentPresenter).Content) as DependencyObject;
if (chartAreaPanel != null)
{

var control = (((Utilities.GetDescendantFromType(chartAreaPanel, typeof(Border), true) as Border).Child as Grid).Children[2]) as Grid;

foreach (var child in control.Children)

{
    if (child is Series)
    {
        var rootCanvas = Utilities.GetDescendantFromType(child as LineSeries, typeof(Canvas), true) as Canvas;
        if (rootCanvas != null && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(rootCanvas.Name) && rootCanvas.Name == "RootCanvas")
        {
            canvas = rootCanvas;
        }
    }
}

}

Then i just want to set a margin to this canvas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Jinish,

I am just checking your progress on the issue that you are having.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Children
No Data