Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to drop back
posted

Hi,

I have a small application that allow user to drag and drop between each TextBlock. If a text is dragged to another TextBlock, the drag source will remove its content. It works fine until I want to drag to an empty TextBlock (which had something inside before but got dragged out). The cursor turned to cross and it did not allow to drop there anymore. Would you please let me know if there is any special setting to make it happen? I already placed DragSource and DropTarget within the TextBlock, DragChannels and DropChannels were the same.

Thanks in advance.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Tangailam,

Thank you for your post.

I have been looking into it. I created a sample application(DropBack.zip)  based on your scenario and I could not managed to reproduce the behavior that you have described. In the sample application I created three TextBlock  and  to achieve the functionality that you are looking for I added DropTarget  object and DragSource object to each TextBlock and handled the Drop event for each one. In the events handlers I get the element that will be dragged  and other that is container for it.

If you are not able to reproduce the issue with the attached sample application, would you please modify it with the functionality, that you are using, so it reproduces the issue. This way I would be able to further investigate this for you and provide you with more detailed information on this matter.

You can read more details about our Drag and Drop Framework from online documentation from the following link:

http://help.infragistics.com/doc/WPF/2014.2/CLR4.0/?page=Drag_and_Drop_Framework_Getting_Started_with_IG_Drag_and_Drop_Framework.html

Looking forward to hearing from you.

DropBack.zip
Children