Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamDataChart crash if NumericYaxis displays very large values
posted

Hello,

I'm using a xamDataChart w/ NumericYaxis, that crashes when the Yaxis has very large values, for ex 5e25 (the full range being 0 to 5e25).  Below is some debug info that seems to point to an overflow; a double passed to a fcn that accepts decimals.  However, as 5e25 fits within both types not sure why it would crash like this.  Also the NumericXaxis doesnt seem to have this issue, it can handle DBL_MAX from what I can tell.

Thanks,

Frank

System.OverflowException

Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.

System.Decimal.FCallMultiply(System.Decimal ByRef, System.Decimal ByRef)
   System.Decimal.op_Multiply(System.Decimal, System.Decimal)
   Infragistics.Controls.Charts.AutoRangeCalculator.CalculateRange(Infragistics.Controls.Charts.NumericAxisBase, Double, Double, Boolean, Int32, Double ByRef, Double ByRef)
   Infragistics.Controls.Charts.LinearScaler.CalculateRange(Infragistics.Controls.Charts.NumericAxisBase, Double, Double, Double ByRef, Double ByRef)
   Infragistics.Controls.Charts.StraightNumericAxisBase.CalculateRange(Infragistics.Controls.Charts.NumericAxisBase, Double, Double, Boolean, Int32, Double ByRef, Double ByRef)
   Infragistics.Controls.Charts.NumericAxisBase.UpdateRangeOverride()
   Infragistics.Controls.Charts.Axis.UpdateRange(Boolean)
   Infragistics.Controls.Charts.ContentInfo.UndirtyRange()
   Infragistics.Controls.Charts.ContentInfo.DoRefresh()
   Infragistics.Controls.Charts.ChartContentManager.DoRefresh() 

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have been looking into it. I created a sample application based on your scenario and I could not managed to reproduce the behavior that you have described. If you are not able to reproduce the issue with the attached sample application, would you please modify it with the functionality, that you are using, so it reproduces the issue. This way I would be able to further investigate this for you and provide you with more detailed information on this matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

LargeValueNumericYAxis.zip
Children