Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XAMMultiColumnEditor Column filtering
posted

Hi,

I have a XAMDatagrid where the data source has columns EX: (Id, Name, Description_Parent, Category) and I have hooked up XAMMultiColumnEditor control for the Category column and I have set ItemSource (EX: Category Name, Category Id, Description) for that editor.

When I pull the drop down, I want to filter the data source based on the "Description_parent" value from the parent row.

Ex: If my XAMDatagrid row has "ECE" as the value for the Description property, I want to filter rows in XAMMultiColumnEditor drop down where Description=="ECE"

I was able to achieve this functionality in Windows forms using ColumnFilters feature of WinGrid. Please let me know how can I achieve this in WPF?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have been looking into it and I am not sure that I understand correctly your requirements. Would you please provide me with more details about them. Do you want to filter the XamMultiColumnComboEditor by  the next cell`s value of current row or you have some hierarchy level and want to filter the items in  XamMultiColumnComboEditor based on parent record cell value. It seems like I am missing something about your scenario, so could you please send me, an isolated sample project, where this is reproduced, so I can investigate it further for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply Children