Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
confusion about same assembly in different folders
posted

Hi experts,

My company just bought infragistis 2015. And I open the "Windows Forms" folder, I see there is a folder called "CLR4.0", which has "Bin" and "Bin - signed" folder under it. What's the different between assembly in these two folders?

And I see there are "Version-free" folder under "Windows Forms" folder, what does version free mean.

And now I have infragistis 2015 installed on my machine. Does it mean I can copy all the dlls onto another machine and just use it?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Ming,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Please find bellow the answers to your questions:

• What's the different between Bin and Bin – signed assembly? – Signed assemblies are strongly named. They are signed with public key and a digital signature and may be verified against corresponding private key. If you plan to add a digital signatures to your product you need to use the signed assemblies.

• What does version free mean? – The version-free assemblies are libraries that do not have the version number or framework version identifier in their assembly names. For example, Infragistics assembly names like Infragistics4.Shared.v15.1.dll will be available as Infragistics.Shared.dll. More information about version free assemblies you may find by following the next link http://help.infragistics.com/doc/WinForms?page=Introduction_About_Version-Free_Assemblies.html

• Does it mean I can copy all the dlls onto another machine and just use it? – No you cannot do this. As per Infragistics License Agreement all the licenses you may have are per developer and per machine. So if you have installed Infragistics Controls on one machine one developer of your team may use them on this machine. Please check the license agreement at the following link for more information http://www.infragistics.com/legal/license/igultimate-la

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Children
No Data