Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Insert Existing Tool in Ribbon Causes it to be removed from other Tabs
posted

I have a ribbon with afew tools on.

Some of these span several tabs, and are one tool, this was all working fine until I changed the tools from ComboBox's to ControlContainers.

I needed to start using Control Containers with UltraDropDowns to include columns.

I have managed to add a Database Dropdown to every tab I have, however when I try and do the same with the ODBC ControlContainer I have created it removes it from another tab rather than keep it on the old tabs.

Is there some kind of setting within the control that I may have inadvertently changed?

Just seems that the 2nd control container wont stick and gets removed every time I try and add it somewhere else using the Add Existing.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi Chris,

Each Control Container Tool needs its own control. This is due to the nature of the control container -- a custom implementation would be necessary to share data between instances of the embedded controls.

I recommend writing this up as a product idea at http://ideas.infragistics.com/. We will review the idea and see if it is a possible to implement it in a generic way.

Reply Children