Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Get text position from Point
posted

Hi,

I am using a XamRichTextEditor and a ListView whose items are draggable. I would like to insert a string in the document when the user drops an element on the XamRichTextEditor. For that, i use the DragSource and DropTarget elements from the Infragistics framework.

In the DragSource.Drop event handler, I can use the GetPosition() method on the DropEventArgs to get the Point where the Drop occured (relative to the XamRichTextEditor). My problem is that i can't find a way to get a DocumentOffset or a TextPosition or a TextRange for this Point that I could use to insert the text in the right place inside the document.

Is there a way to acheive this ?

Note: the WinRT native ITextDocument has a GetRangeFromPoint method that does just that and works perfectly.

Note 2: The WPF native RichTextBox has a GetPositionFromPoint method that does just that and also works perfectly. Unfortunatly I can't use the native RichTextBox control because its support for some advanced Rtf formatting options is not good enough for what i want to achieve and the XamRichTextEditor seems to handle them better.

Thank you for your help.

Parents Reply Children