Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Get the Cell/Fiedl that triggered RowUpdating Event
posted

I am using UltraWebGrid from Infragistics for grid functionality in my ASP.NET 4.0 Application. I have enabled inplace editing for few columns in the grid. I wrote the logic for this event as

protected void UltraWebGrid_RowUpdating(object sender, RowUpdatingEventArgs e)

in code behind. Along with this I want to know which cell in the row triggered this event, meaning Updating which field in the row triggered this event. I found we have a Row property for RowUpdatingEventArgs Class but that gets the entire row. I want to know what cell, its column name etc.. in the row was dirty that made this event happen. Any useful pointers on this one?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Pavan,

Are you sure your using the UltraWebGrid?  I am asking because the UltraWebGrid doesn't have a RowUpdating event though the WebDataGrid does.

If you are using the WebDataGrid, you would be able to see what cells have been edited on the client side by using the EnteringEditMode and ExitingEditMode events.  It would be up to you to store information about the cell that was edited and then get that information on the server in the RowUpdating event.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Children