Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDayView cannot be dragged to interval
posted

If a WebDayView activity starts at 1:10 PM, I cannot drag the start to 1:00 PM.  In other words, I cannot change the starting time from 1:10 to 1:00 by dragging.

Is this a bug?  (I'm using Infragistics4.WebUI.WebSchedule.v14.2)

Has it been fixed in a later version?

Is there a workaround?

You can see this with your own example page:

https://www.infragistics.com/samples/aspnet/schedule/webdayview-general-properties

In addition to the issue above, I would like to set the drag-and-drop interval to be different than the visible interval.  In my application, I would set the drag-and-drop interval to be 15 minutes, and the visible interval to be 30 minutes.  Then I could drop an activity onto any 15 minute slot.  But if I set the TimeSlotInterval to 15 minutes, the control gets twice as large!  Plus, I still cannot drag a 1:10PM activity to 1:15PM.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello, 

You are experiencing the expected control behavior.

It is possible to drag your activity to a different time slot on the WebDayView, but the logic requires that the possible drag/drop and start/end times be at the TimeSlotInterval set. When using 30 minute intervals for example and since your original activity started at 1:10 PM, the activity can be moved within 30 minutes intervals. This would be 1:40 PM, 2:10 etc. The same applies when changing the appointment start or end time when using the mouse and dragging the top or bottom appointment borders.

If you are interested into some more insights, you could take a look at the following blog article, where time slots rendering as well as making these drop targets is explained. Drop Target Elements in a WebDayView

Children