Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to dynamically change the igTileManager to use JSON-based data that is refreshed quite often and define CSS layout for Tile Panes
posted

Hi,

I am currently converting some of our old Silverlight code to ASP.NET MVC. One of our pages uses the Infragistics Silverlight TileManager control to display our status data that is refreshed every minute. There is a lot of code that dynamically built each tile pane for each record of data. Each tile pane included a few stack panels with several labels within each stack panel. The labels show data for the current record once the tile pane was maximized

During my investigation, I have started to look at the IgniteUI igTileManager control as a replacement since it has similar behaviors as the Silverlight version. However, I am stuck at this point since most of the samples that I have reviewed (Infragistics IgniteUI sample code, ER dashboard and Healthcare Source) seem to only setup the TileManager control once during initialization rather than during the refresh of dynamic data.

Here are my questions:

1. Can you point me to different samples that show how to properly refresh the data source of the igTileManager control based on a new JSON object?

2. Since the  igTileManager will change often while the page is displayed, is there a preferred method to dispose of the previously defined igTileManager control's contents?

3. Could you provide some examples of how to define the layout of a new tile pane object so as to include a layout structure similar to stack panels. I imagine something like a CSS multi-column list.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Don,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Support.

1. Basically you have to change the dataSource - http://www.igniteui.com/help/api/2015.2/ui.igtilemanager#options:dataSource . I prepared a sample demonstrating the desired behavior. Please take a look at it - http://jsfiddle.net/sakh38px/1/ .

2. No disposal of content is needed. The old data in the tiles would be overridden by the new data.

3. Just to be clear could you please send some screenshots from your old tile manager? If you do not have access to it, you could draw what you imagine. Please share your requirements and describe the behavior in detail. Thank you.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply Children