Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Migration from v11.1.20111.2238 to v 15 - keeping both versions at the same time
posted

Hello all,

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. If negative, kindly ask you to let me know the correct category, sorry for the mistake.

I work in a company with VB Net and Infrgistics v11.1.20111.2238. As you all know, this is an old version, and because of that we have been facing a lot of issues recently, mainly when it comes to the Internet Explorer 11. Fortunately, so far we have found workarounds for these issues (like enable the Enterprise Mode feature via IE). However, we would like to stop looking for workarounds, and for that we're planning a migration to the most recent version. With that in mind, my doubt is related to the compatibility between these versions, because I guess some of you guys might have experienced migrations like this one. It's our first time doing this =)

We know there are some differences in the code of these versions. For example, we would need to change something in the source code of the grids we have, to fully use v15. As I have more than 400 webforms here using Infragistics, I'm not going to be able to change all of them at the same time, so this migration will occur during some months. When I start doing that, is it possible to leave the application working with 2 versions at the same time? Is it possible that I find some trouble because of this?

Do you guys have any other tip that could be useful to me and my team about this migration?

Thank you very much for the usual support.

Murilo Marchiori

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Murilo,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics!

What controls are you using in v11.1? Are you using the classic controls or the new aikido/ajax controls?

Using multiple versions of the controls in the same project is not supported. This is because when you try to use multiple versions you will likely get conflicts of the controls not knowing what version of shared assembly to use.

If you are using the aikido/ajax controls such as the WebDataGrid you can upgrade to v15.2 with minimal changes. Most of those changes will be to change the assembly references in the project, aspx, and web.config.

If you are using the classic controls such as the UltraWebGrid you will have to replace your controls with the newer controls. The recommended way to do this if you need to support later browsers is to download the source code for v11.1 and v15.2 and grab the code for the classic controls and build it with the source for the v15.2 controls. Then work on converting/replacing the classic controls with the newer controls.

Children
No Data