Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TextBlock Foreground property not set properly in MetroDark theme?
posted

I wish to allow the user to select from any of the Infragistics Themes for the application. It seems that for the MetroDark theme the Foreground property of the TextBlock is set to black and thus doesn't show up on the (almost) black background.

I can workaround this by binding the TextBlock Foreground to the Foreground property of a Label control (as in the attached example), but that rather defeats the concept of using themes.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

TestThemes.zip
Parents
    Offline posted

Hello peterhutchinson,

Thank you for your post.

I have been testing against the sample project that you have provided, and it appears that there is a missing implicit style for TextBlock in our MetroDark theme files that would normally set the Foreground of the TextBlock in your sample. This is unexpected, and I have asked our engineering teams to investigate further. To ensure that it receives attention, I have logged this issue in our internal tracking system with a development ID of 221126.

I have also created a support case on your behalf, which I will link this development issue to so that you can track its progress. This case has an ID of CAS-174436-X0C2Y2 and you can access it at https://www.infragistics.com/my-account/support-activity.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer

Reply Children