Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Wigantt Task Constraints
posted

Hi

I have to yet add another problem in the long list of problems this control caused me.

I am simply trying to move back a task, and I can't do so without some pesky dialog asking the user if he really wants it. The date is modified from code, not directly by the user.

I DO NOT WANT ANY RESTRICTION ,DEPENDENCY OR CHECKS ON THE TASK. By the way, you are not supposed to do business logic in a control. 

How do I do that?

I tried to set

CrtGanttTask.ConstraintDateTime = DateTime.MinValue;

CrtGanttTask.Constraint = TaskConstraint.StartNoEarlierThan ;

but this resulted to my increasing frustration into yet another annoying dialog that was asking the user if it can put the task on 01-01-0001 which is before the project start(=today)...which is not true because I did not add the tasks with a project. I was doing so but I removed it trying to get rid of the damn dialog.

I have also tried to put the project datetime to minimum datetime resulting in yet another problem, which I am too exhausted & frustrated at this moment to explain. I am essentially hitting another problem that to fix causes another problem and so on.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Florin,

You can suppress this dialog by using the TaskConstraintViolation event. If you set the PromptUser property to false, no dialog will appear:

private void UltraCalendarInfo1_TaskConstraintViolation(object sender, TaskConstraintViolationEventArgs e)
    {
       e.PromptUser = false;
    }

Please try this out and let me know whether it works.

Children
No Data