Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Exception is not thrown from NodeCheckedChanged event
posted

Hello, 

I am experiencing a behavior which I think is because there is an exception handling inside of Infragstics code which is wrong and not communicated.

I am not sure whether I am missing something or this is a bug or wrong exception handling. 

Reproducing is very simple:

Just define a Data Tree with the check boxes feature and define the NodeCheckedChanged event and throw an exception inside it. You will see that it will not bubble up from the event.

I also attached an example. I am not sure whether what I am doing inside of App is correct but you can compile and run exe file to see that nothing is thrown and the application goes to an undefined state.

DataTree Not Throwing Exception.zip
Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Arash,

I have taken a look at the sample project that you have sent, and it appears that the Exception that you are throwing is being caught and is being shown in the output window, and this appears to be causing some interesting behavior internal to the XamDataTree, in that the code needed for the checkbox functionality is not able to run due to this exception being thrown.

I'm not sure of the functionality that you are hoping to see in this case, but perhaps you are looking to have your application break when this exception is thrown? If this is the case, I would recommend opening the Exception Settings in Visual Studio and make sure that you have the System.Exception set to true for the "Break When Thrown" field. By doing this, you should see that the application will break upon this exception being thrown.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer

Reply Children