Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Xamdatagrid Filter Records
posted

Hi

i have added xamdatagrid with hierarchical data. i have added the header at the top of grid for both Parent and child records. 

when i click on + sign the child records appear. when i add the row filter on gird as LabelIcons. some columns which related to child layout are not showing anything in filter dropdown.

here i attached the sample project

Please help me its very urgent

XamGrid_ASC_Sample.zip
Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for the sample application.

I was researching for a solution regarding the issue you are describing about the filter dropdown values for child records, and I believe that this is the default behavior and currently there is no built in functionality to show the child layout values in filter dropdown of parent field.  Still please have in mind that you can populate the filter drop down in order to suit your requirements manually. In order to achieve this I can suggest you handle the RecordFilterDropDownPopulating event of XamDataGrid and add the missing values as new FilterDropDownItem. For further reference about this functionality, please have a look at our sample browser in the section:

XamDataGrid -> Organization -> Custom Filter Drop-down Items.

There in the handler of the RecordFilterDropDownPopulating event is shown how you can add custom drop-down items.

If you have any additional questions on this matter, please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Zhivko
    Entry Level Software Developer

Reply Children