Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Webdatagrid Enable Tabbing without enabling Activation
posted

Is it possible to implement Tabbing in Webdatagrid without enabling 'Activation' ?

In my case, I can't enable 'Activation' as it causes postback(even if cellpostback set to false) and enable all checkboxes which I had disabled in Initialize event.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Birendra,

Activation is required for keyboard navigation and tabbing through the grid.  It is possible to enable Activation without it causing a post to the server on every cell activation and this depends on what properties and events you are using on the grid.  Make sure the AutoPostBackFlags are set not to post back to the server and check if there may be related events that you don't need to handle.  For example there may be things that can be done in JavaScript on the client through a client side event instead of the server side event.

Note that I may be able to give more specific advice if you provide me with the markup for your grid and a list of the events that you are handling and why each event is being handled.

Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.

Children