The Visual Designer must possess a strong creative background that will deliver a wide range of world-class graphic design solutions to support multi-channel marketing campaigns and corporate communication initiatives. Primary responsibility is to work with the Sr. Art Directors to produce innovative solutions that reflect the creative strategy and meet the needs of the marketing objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to produce assets consistent in brand message, tone, and look-and-feel to achieve an integrated brand identity.
- Transform concepts into elegant print and digital visual designs for: Presentations, Brochures, Ads, Infographics, Website & Social Media Graphics, White Papers, Web Banner ads, Email templates/images and Event Graphics.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints.
- Resize assets for different devices — tablet, mobile and web
- Participate in brainstorming sessions by contributing/generating ideas/concepts to meet client’s objectives, strategies and needs.
- Generate breakthrough ideas and constantly strive for new, better, more innovative solutions.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Art Director, the Designer sees work through to production.
- Ability to fill in the gaps on concepts and assignments developed by senior members of the creative group.
- Keep up with the latest design trends and techniques.
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- At least 2 years design experience in marketing, corporate communications or creative agency environments.
- Must have a strong portfolio of spec or produced work.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality.
- Strong communication and story-telling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate and defend design concepts, elements and intentions.
- Must be able to give and receive critical feedback.
- An eye for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate experience/knowledge in print and interactive materials.
- Working knowledge of current and previous design trends.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Adobe Animate, After Effects and Premier a plus, but not required.
- Strong English speaking skills