Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
VS2008 Support release date : Its Now Q1 2008
posted

Hi,

In 2 weeks we will be half way through Quarter one. Surely you have a firm date for VS2008 support by now please?

Im going to have to make some tough choices and shift to a new toolset that does support VS2008, which would be a shame. We all have to provide dates to our clients as professional software development shops, and I'm getting a really bad taste in my mouth about the lack of VS2008 support and the fact you are not even providing a date for it. I must admit I am disappointed at the seemingly lack of care or concern over this issue, and feel Infragistics really missed the ball on Visual Studio 2008, which at the end of the day is your cash cow product.

Can you at least give us a firm date please so we can do some planning please?

Thanks in advance,

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

If only it were that easy.. 

Here's the dilemma.  We are trying to get our NetAdvantage 2008 Volume 1 release out the door which is where the VS2008 support will end up.  Because the VS2008 support is tied to a new volume release, it means it has to wait until our QA team has verified that we can indeed RTM (which means testing all new features for the volume release, etc).  That as you know, is not something that you can simply set a date on.  We have to hit certain code coverage numbers and metrics before we can ship the product. 

That all aside, as of today the ship date for NetAdvantage 2008 Vol 1 is set for Feb 11.  Barring any critical showstopping regression issues, expect to have your new version by Valentines Day. 

I thank you, and everyone else for your continued patience and honest feedback. 

-Tony

Reply Children