Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igx-combo when filterable option is false it removes filter input too
posted

When I use igx-combo component filter search input feature is good and works but I want to fill data from Rest API unfortunately filter feature brokes me.

Example Case : After I type  "coca cola york" .. My API find familiar results about it like "Coca Cola New York Office" & "Coca Cola York office in England" .. However filter feature still wait starts with "coca cola york ....."

Is there any property or event to handle this ?
All I want is filterable = false but except removing filter search input so I can still use this (onSearchInput) event..

Thanks.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Ahmet,

After investigating this further, I determined that if the filterable property is set to false, an input could be set in the header of the combo using template:

<ng-template igxComboHeader>

<igx-input-group>

<input igxInput #input name="filter" type="text" (input)="search()"/>

<label igxLabel for="filter">Search...</label>

</igx-input-group>

</ng-template>

Then its value could be get by binding a method to the input event and the method search would look the following way:

public search(){

console.log(this.input.value);

}

Where input is a reference to the IgxInputDirective:

@ViewChild('input', {read: IgxInputDirective})

public input: IgxInputDirective;

Please let me know if you need any further information regarding this matter.

Regards,

Monika Kirkova,

Infragistics

Reply Children