Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Items with long width in igx-drop-down list is not fully highlighted.
posted

When the width of an item in the igx-drop-down is exceeding the dropdown window the highlight is shifting to left. The more we scroll to right of an item the more highlight shifts to left. As per the expectation, the whole item should be highlighted as long as the item width will be.

Please suggest a fix for it.

</igx-input-group>
          <igx-drop-down #dropDown [width]=" '250px' " [maxHeight]=" '200px' ">
                   <igx-drop-down-item *ngFor="let data of lookupData$ | async"  [value]="data" class="drop-down-item">
                    {{ data }}
           </igx-drop-down-item>
</igx-drop-down>
Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Minakshi,

Thank you for getting back to me!

After further investigation I can verify that the issue is resolved in any version above IgniteUI for Angular 10.0.0. Having this in mind in version 10.1.0 the fix is applied. However I suggest using the 10.2.x which is the currently supported IgniteUI for Angular 10 version.

As you can observe within the sample I have provided to you in my initial response by default when the value of the item is to long it gets truncated (ends with three dots and a right padding equals to the left one). Having this in mind I assume that you have applied additional styles in order to achieve the behavior in the provided screenshot. After further investigation of the provided screenshot I assume that you’re using the igxAutocomplete directive with async data as well.

Having this in mind I have prepared another sample for you. As you can observe the second column (Name) of the igxGrid contains an autocomplete dropdown which renders an async data. Some of the data entries have long names and the default truncating is applied. However if you place the cursor over them a tooltip will appear displaying the full name (the approach I have suggested in my initial response).

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Best Regards,
    Martin Evtimov
    Associate Software Developer
    Infragistics, Inc.

Reply Children