Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can a class be specified for the igx-combo dropdown container?
posted

We are using igx-combo as the cellEditor in a couple of scenarios within igx-grid.

For some of the scenarios we only allow a single item to be selected and have implemented this using the mechanism described in the documentation.

In this scenario, we need to hide the checkbox column because it takes up valuable space and will confuse our users.

We know the css that we want to apply to do this (.igx-combo__checkbox { display: none; }) and we want to continue using all of the rest of the standard igx-combo functionality.

However, we cannot figure out how to get a class applied to the css container or items (in a way that will prevent the checkbox from showing) for only some of the combos.

None of the examples we could find show the result of using the item template in the UI, so I am not sure whether or not this will work, so we thought we should ask before spending time trying to figure this out.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for posting on our forums.

I am currently looking into this issue, and I will update you in case if I find a solution how to remove the checkbox of igx-combo conditionally. This is not available out of the box, as the template of comboItems do not provide access to the igxCheckbox by default. This is because the IgxComboCoponent is using IgxCheckbox internally and the checkbox is not exposed in the html so you can assign a class to it.

I will investigate and try to provide you with a workaround on this, before confirming that this would be a feature request.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    Tihomir Tonev
    Associate software Developer
    Infragistics

Children
No Data