Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is there a way to dynamically allocate space with an igxInput?
posted

I am using 13.2 IG/AG.

Is there a way to dynamically allocate space in an Input (width and multiple rows) depending on how long the content is expected to be? If not, is there a text area object that I'm not seeing in the component library?

I have an Input (at present) that has an average text size of about 96 characters. Since it's in a modal-dialog, I'd definitely prefer it to be taller rather than wide enough to blot out the entire screen behind it (as it would require and not even show everything for users with narrow screens).

Here is my current code for it:

<igx-input-group displayDensity="compact">
			<igx-prefix>Answer: </igx-prefix>
			<input igxInput style="width: 600px" id="answer" type="text" [(ngModel)]="editFaq.answer" (ngModelChange)="answerChanged.next($event)" />
		</igx-input-group>

Thanks in advance!

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting to Infragistics Community! 

I have been looking into your question and determined that there is currently no possibility to put multiple rows in igxInput field. My suggestion for achieving your requirement is to use a <textarea> element with igxInput directive. This will work according to your requirements and in your modal-dialog you will be able to set as many rows as you need without having to increase the width.

In addition, I have prepared a small sample illustrating my suggestion which could be found here

Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves. 

If you require any further assistance on the matter, please let me know.

Regards, 

Georgi Anastasov 

Software Developer 

Infragistics 

Reply Children
No Data