Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Horizontal scroll's size not resizing when hidden columns are displayed.
posted

Hi Team, 

We have a functionality where we hide or show columns based on user's input and we are using "hidden" property of IgxColumnComponent.
The issue is, when we toggle the visibility of the column, the horizontal scroll bar doesn't resize itself to incorporate the changed width, due to which the columns on the far right are cropped/hidden. However, sometimes if we scroll the bar to the left and to the right, this issue is fixed.

Details:
Igx Angular version: 13.2.0

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Saurabh Suman,

Thank you for posting to Infragistics Community!

I have been looking into your question and my suggestion is to use the IgxColumnActionsComponent along with the IgxGridToolbarHidingComponent as with the built-in functionality everything works as expected. As you can see in the Grid Column Hiding demo in our documentation, the horizontal scroll will resize every time a column is hidden/shown.

In addition, I have prepared a small sample trying to reproduce the scenario where a column is hidden and shown via a button and yet the horizontal scroll is properly resized. It could be found here.

Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves.

You may also submit an isolated sample of the issue you are experiencing, or if possible, fork and modify the sample I sent with any relevant code to the columns hiding functionality or any column settings related to their width. Having a working sample on my side will be highly appreciated, so I can investigate the reported behavior.

Regards,

Georgi Anastasov

Software Developer

Infragistics

Children
No Data