Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
List with Data Binding
posted

Hi,

I'm looking to display a simple list, but associate a piece of data with each list item (even just a string). So that when I do drag and drop, there is a reference/ID to the underlying data, to perform operations on. Does something like this exist in Ignite for Angular?
The ListView does not appear to offer data binding, and I was hoping to avoid the rather heavy-weight data grid like components.

Unless perhaps the data grid components could be styled such that they resemble the ListView? eg Just a line of text and an avatar image.

Thanks for any info

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Coran,

Thank you for posting in our community.

At this point we do not provide a component that offers data binding and can present a simple list of items. What I would suggest you is to take a look at the Animations example in the Drag and Drop topic in our official documentation, where is explained how to use the drag and drop feature with the IgxList component or you can style the IgxGrid component to look like a simple list.

I have created a small sample demonstrating how the IgxGrid component could be styled to look like a simple list. Please test it on your side and let me know whether you find it helpful.

Please keep in mind that in the sample I am using 12 version of Ignite UI for Angular, because in the latest version of the product there is a known issue with the Row Drag feature of the IgxGrid component. Here you can view the logged issue in our GitHub repository. Any concerns or questions that you have can be directly addressed in the issue, which will give you the opportunity to directly communicate with our development team.

In order to receive a notification whenever a new information is available. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the issue. This can be achieved via “Subscribe” button.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter.

Regards,
    Viktor Kombov
    Entry Level Software Developer
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children
No Data