Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Spell Check a Cell igx-grid
posted

Hello,

I don't want to see red squiggles under misspelled words in cell edit mode in igx-grid.

Is it possible to disable this ?

Regards,

Philippe DUFEIL

Offline posted

Hello Philippe,

I have been looking into your question and of course it is possible to disable the spell check so that red squiggles do not appear under misspelled words. By default, this is done by the input field tag itself, with its spellcheck property set to false.

To achieve this in the igx-grid, when editing a cell, the cells of a given column will be templated with the igxCellEditor template directive, using an igx-input-group component, in which a default input field will be placed with the igxInput directive. Also, the igxFocus and igxTextSelection directives of the input field will be set to true in order to focus and select the cell for editing. After that, the spellcheck property of the input field will be set to false so that the word is not checked and red squiggles under misspelled words are removed.

The described scenarios can be observed here:

In addition, I have prepared small sample illustrating my suggestion which could be found here. Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves.

If you require any further assistance on the matter, please let me know.

Regards,

Georgi Anastasov

Entry Level Software Developer

Infragistics