Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Excel Style Filtering , single select result set
posted

Hi ,

Am following this link to create excel style filtering https://www.infragistics.com/products/ignite-ui-angular/angular/components/grid/excel-style-filtering

currently the individual rows are shown as drop  down with multi select option , can we make this a drop down (Single Select) instead of multiselect

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for posting to Infragistics Community!

I have been looking into your question and I understand that you are referring to the values filtering list in the Excel-Style Filtering dialog. What I can say is that the underlying component here is an IgxList where the items also display checkboxes. Consequently, it cannot be substituted for a “Select” Or a “Single-select combo” component, as no templating mechanism is exposed. Additionally, the design of the ESF is meant to work as closely as possible as the built-in table filtering in Excel, which offers simultaneous filtering by multiple values.

So, all the points for customizing the ESF component are outlined in our documentation here. As mentioned, I am afraid that templating the content of the search component is not among them.

What I can suggest at this point is considering the quick filtering mode, with which you will be able to filter one value at a time based on the “Contains”/”Equals” and similar filters.

Best regards,
    Bozhidara Pachilova
    Associate Software Developer

Children
No Data