Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Save Hidden Column Details and restore them
posted

Hi Team,

I am using [showtoolBar] and [columnHiding] to hide columns in igx-grid. I have to save the columns that are hidden to the store then get that when user revisits the page again. For the same behavior in filtering and sorting, i am using (onFilteringDone) and (onSortingDone) properties and grid.filteringExpressionTree and grid.sortingExpressions to achieve this. But i couldnt find any properties for hide columns. Kindly let me know if any properties are present when we hide the columns or get/set the state of hidden columns. 

Thanks,

Vijay

Offline posted

Hello Vijay,

I have been looking into your question and my suggestion in order to save and restore the hidden columns, as well as filtering and sorting, is to use the IigxGridState directive. All column properties defined by the IColumnState interface like hiding would be restored via the columns option. More about it could be found here.

Let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Teodosia Hristodorova
    Software Developer