Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Column Pinning for Multi Column Headers
posted

Hi Team, 

I am using IGX Data Grid - Version 14. I have implemented Custom Pinning option for Multi column Headers. I am facing the below issue,

Issue:

While trying to pin particular child header, the entire Parent Header and all its child headers are getting pinned. Kindly let us know how to fix this issue.

I have reproduced this issue in stacblitz. Please find the link below.

stackblitz - Infragistics Angular Components - StackBlitz

Thanks,

Vijay V

Offline posted

Hello Vijay,

Thank you for posting into our community!

I have been looking into your question and tried opening the provided StackBlitz sample, however, on my side, I am not able to open it. Could you please try and open it and confirm if this behavior is reproducible on your side? Also, if you have edited one of our existing samples, you should fork the project in order for the modifications to be applied.

Additionally, even though I am not sure how the custom pinning functionality is implemented on your side, what I could say, as mentioned in our official documentation, is that:

When there is a set of columns and column groups, pinning works only for top level column parents. More specifically pinning per nested column groups or columns is not allowed.

Please note that when using Pinning with Multi-Column Headers, the entire Group gets pinned.

Having this in mind, what I could conclude is that the described behavior is not an issue and is expected.

More useful information along with code snippets and samples demonstrating and explaining the functionality of the multi-column headers feature could be found in our Multi-column Headers topic here.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
    Riva Ivanova
    Associate Software Developer