Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Improving the performance of the igTreeGrid with large data sets
posted

Hi,

I am using the igTreeGrid in my application to display the records.Every thing works fine when i provide less number of records to the grid, but my requirement is to display around 40,000 records at a time. so when i provide these many records to the grid ,it is taking around 2mins of time which is very high. So what should i do to improve the performance atleast to half of the current time. I have looked at the "Virtualization" and "load on demand" ,I didn't get exactly what they are. When i use virtualization grid is  taking more time than without the virtualization and may i know how load on demand works and how can i provide only some part of the data to the grid using load on demand when there is a parent child relation between the nodes.Here is the code which i have used, can any one help me out of this issue.

$("#treegrid").igTreeGrid({

dataSource: totalObjects,
width: "100%",
autoGenerateColumns: false,
enableDeleteRow: false,
primaryKey: "name",
foreignKey: "parent",
editMode: "cell",
initialExpandDepth: 1,
/* virtualization : true,
virtualizationMode : "continuous",
height : "400px",*/
columns: [
{headerText: "Product Hierarchy", key: "name", dataType: "string", readOnly: "true"},
{
headerText: "Associated Materials",
key: "associations",
width: "120px",
dataType: "string",
readOnly: "true"
},
{headerText: "Level", key: "key", width: "50px", dataType: "string", readOnly: "true"},
{headerText: "Description", key: "excel_desc", dataType: "string", editable: "true"},
{
headerText: "SAP Description", key: "sap_desc", dataType: "string", readOnly: "true"
//editorType: "text",

//editorOptions: {textMode: "multiline",maxLength: 100}
},
// { headerText: "", key: "source", dataType: "string", readOnly:"true",hidden: true },

],

childDataKey: "children",
initialExpandDepth: 0,
features: [

{
name: "Responsive"
},
{
name: "Resizing"
},
{
name: "Paging",