In the sample here, the angular binding is working, but it appears to only use the binding to load the value of the editor. It does not seem to save the updates made in the editor back to the binding. I have tried switching it to ng-model, but it didn't like that much. Is there a way to make the binding work two-way, or at least write the changes back down to the binding? A binding, to an editor (that's whole purpose is to change the data in the binding), that can only load from the binding...is useless.
The wrapping editor element of the igHtmlEditor is actually a html body. When you add any kind of text or html element (as a paragraph or bullet) you actually add these elements to a body. So, your request is kind of impossible, because:
1) <body> is not proper element for 2-way binding;
2) <body> does not fire change event;
3) you cannot set nd-model to the igHtmlEditor, because in this way you will set it to the whole widget, not only to its editor (the inner <body> element);
4) even the igHtmlEditor does not expose any event in its API that can be used for content change;
If you want to achieve such custom scenario, you probably need to handle all kinds of content manipulation manually, so they can change the outer editor content. This includes typing, pasting, drag&drop, (toolbar)actions, etc. As you can see, it is not an easy task to do.
You can suggest this as a new product idea for future versions at <http://ideas.infragistics.com>.
Steps to create your idea:
1. Log into the Infragistics Product Ideas site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible. Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can’t be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!
The benefits of submitting the product idea yourself include:
- Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.- Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.
Additional benefits of the product idea system include:- Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you. You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.- Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.- You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.
The product ideas site allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.