I am working on an application where multiselect is a must. Conveniently, the selection behavior can be found on the igniteUI page here: http://www.igniteui.com/grid/selection in the second example (multiple row selection). Unfrotunately, when I attempt to set up my application to have multiple row selection my application does everything but select what I need it to.
When I left click, if there isn't anything else selected, it will select that first item, after that though, it won't change the selection in anyway unless I hold control or shift while trying to select. While holding control I have to double click to get the selection to change, admittedly the ctrl + double click has the expected behavior a ctrl+single click would have but that isn't the behavior that I need. For the shift click instead of selecting all of the rows between the last row and the newly clicked row the application simply selects the first row...
I've attached my code, a controller, a view, and a static class that I am using to do most of gridModel instantiation (I had this issue before I moved the code there it used to be in my controller, then in my view and then I decided I didn't like either of those so I moved it to this static class), but I don't think anything but lines 27-34 in CustomGridModel is effecting it. I do have other features that I am adding to the gridModel as you can see but I tried disabling all of them and got the same result.
Any ideas? Or do you need any more information?
Thanks in advance!
I prepared a MVC sample, where the grid is created through the GridModel, to test multiple selection. It works correctly on my side. What is the product version that you're currently using? Did you get any errors on the client, when you attempt to select multiple rows? Please refer to the attached sample and feel free to modify it if it doesn't reproduce correctly the scenario of your issue, then send it back to me.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.
Thanks for the quick response and sample application.
Unfortunately, this isn't compatible with IE 11 which I thought was interesting which is currently the supported browser that my company uses for all web based endeavors. I debugged it in firefox and that worked fine. Apparently this isn't a new issue... http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/92128.aspx
But! Onto questions!
I'm currently being lazy and haven't implemented the repository pattern yet for this application. Would that potentially effect me?
My initial datasource is just an empty list. (It will be eventually be a large collection but for now... it remains empty) With new entries being added to the list via signalR and nServiceBus Would this potentially effect me?
I also have disabled all user based editing so that rows can only be edited or added via programmatic triggers. No user interaction allowed. The rows are only updated by the data coming through signalR alone. That means that I have to autocommit my changes. So you guessed it... Would that potentially break how the selection works?
I'll see if I can modify this code at some point here to more closely match mine but I might not get to that until tomorrow.
If you don't know the answers to the above. No worries but I would appreciate any further insights you might have.
Thank you for your help,
I tested the following sample: http://www.igniteui.com/grid/binding-real-time-data (which I assume represents your scenario) with multiple Selection on IE11 and it worked correctly on my side. It would be great if you could send me a runnable sample or modify my sample, so that I can see the issue. Also what version of our product are you currently using?
If I can provide you with further assistance, please let me know.
I have a project for you that works and still has the same behavior will be uploading soon. This 10 mb limit is killing me though. I'm either going to give you another link or have to get really creative with shrinking the project down
Ok so my company blocks most standard file sharing sites. But I have three files that are all less than 10 mb now. This first one will be a master, having everything except for the packages. The packages folder will be completely empty but in the next two posts I will be sending the next two halves of the packages folder.
The packages folders will come next as two more 10 Mb Zips.
I don't think it will take more than a couple minutes for you to get this up and running and hopefully to see the issue that I am having along with the code that creates it.
Extract all from the folder that is attached to this post.
Take the next two posts attachments, the packages post. Drop them both into the packages folder. Extract all, then pull them out of their individual folders so they are both in the top level of the packages folder.
From there you should be able to run. I just tried it and it worked for me... So fingers crossed it works for you.