Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Saving files as streams
posted

I used the following article to successfully implement save files as streams.

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/Doc/jQuery/2013.2/CLR4.0/html/igUpload_Saving_Files_as_Stream.html

I did this so that uploaded files will not be overwritten in the upload area.  I have it all working, but I have a huge program that I cannot resolve.

I need to somehow get the new uploaded file name back to the client so that addition server AJAX calls can take place.  I just need the name computed in the ...FinishingUpload controller method to be sent back to the client.

I have tried to use ServerMessage, but it is blank on the client side. It appears all properties in the UploadFinishingEventArgs are readonly.  In addition, when I examine the messages between the client browser and server, I don't even see this information being exchanged.

Help...  

Thank you for your time,

Michael

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Michael,

In Ignite UI 15.2 a new feature was added to the product for sending additional data between the client and server during file uploading. You can find more information about it here.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Ivaylo Hubenov
    Entry-level developer

Children
No Data